Friday, November 22, 2013

Weblog 11/22

The reason that I chose to right about this article that I have found is because I realized I had pretty much bashed social media in almost all of my blog posts.  This article is about the Cleveland Bike Composting project which asks people online to participate in bike-based compost removal service for Cleveland residents so that they can create a cleaner, greener environment for the vicinity of Cleveland.  If this project actually works out then there will be volunteers that will have to take the waste from the site and then transfer it to someone’s compost in their garden.  This will not only benefit the person getting rid of the waste but it will also benefit the person that is receiving the waste because when you have a garden, superior topsoil is key to having a great garden.  My family always has a designated area in their yard for a compost pile for their gardens,  but because my family is so big, this service really wouldn’t apply to me since we have been recycling our compost for a long time.  I think that the way that this article is presented is great.  I think that it’s author doesn’t ask too much from the reader and that it all comes down to doing something that you love, like riding your bike, and helping out the earth in so many different ways, including riding a bike instead of using gas with a car, recycling the waste through transporting the waste to someone’s garden, and saving the use of gas by promoting locally grown vegetables.  I think that this article is a great way to use the internet.

http://www.good.is/posts/help-start-a-bike-power-community-composting-project?utm_campaign=goodtweet&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

No comments:

Post a Comment