Friday, October 18, 2013

Weblog 10/18

http://www.whas11.com/home/12-examples-of-people-getting-fired-over-Facebook-101977118.html




I now found out that for my Social Action Project I will be working in my group trying to achieve awareness to the dangers and downsides of exposing to much information on facebook.  We are going to do this through book inserts in the Grasseli library.  I am glad I got picked for this group because I thought it was a good idea.  For my weblog today, I am doing an article on the same kind of topic and the article gives 12 instances that people got fired because of what they posted on facebook or some other kind of social media.  My opinion is that the people who are posting these things on social media deserve what they got.  For example, I don’t understand why in the world you would post a picture of yourself at a graffiti party with your friends passed out with swastikas and anti-Semitic remarks on their foreheads?  I think it is almost common knowledge now that your boss of future boss is looking for exact instances on their employees.  In fact a relative of mine has a job where that’s all he does is look on people’s social media and decides whether or not to hire them even before he has an interview with them.  I think that this will highly effect the workforce and I think it will be a good improvement for most companies.  I think if I were put into the position of whether or not to monitor what my employees do,  I would have to say that I would monitor their social media.  This not only makes them think what they are posting, but it creates a kind of reality to what they are really putting online that can be tracked and traced to their name forever.  I think that the fact that it is there forever is the bigger deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment