Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Weblog A-1 E-Waste from greenpeace


I'm doing my assignment on the e-waste article/ video because I am familiar with the topic and wasn't really surprised by what goes on with this stuff.  I am mostly not surprised because I have already done projects, readings, essays, and everything else about e-waste and how bad it really is.  What I don’t understand is how this happens when there are blatant facts that this will not only affect the people doing this and their life longevity, it will also harm people miles down the road.  From what I have read in previous classes, the chemicals and toxins that are released can condensate and go into the ground through rain showers miles away, meanwhile destroying the atmosphere and contaminating the water cycle everywhere.  With all of that being said, there is really no way other than to do this that would make sense economically.  I think that the best option is to take all of the “recycled” electronic items and to send them to “actual” recycle plants where people are paid to create new devices, hard drives, cameras, cell phone parts, and whatever else and then take them to a Best Buy or HHgregg and sell those as refurbished items.   I believe with today’s technology this is possible, (not really sure), but even if it was possible, it would never happen because it is simply easier to send it off to some place where children are exposing themselves to poisonous gases, burning our mess to make $1.50 a day.  I still don’t like to believe that this goes on, but the more I think that, the more I see it in articles.  
 
 
 
 
 
http://e-wasteonline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment